As a Berlin-based political reporter at Politico (2015-2018), I covered Europe's migration crisis from its onset until it faded from the headlines and beyond:
- Angela Merkel's neighborly plan for Africa. The German chancellor wants to boost investment in African countries in a bid to curb migration to Europe.
(Politico, July 11, 2017)
- Terminal test of Merkel’s migration mettle. A fight over the disused Tempelhof airport brings to surface political divisions in Germany.
(Politico, February 29, 2016)
- Jihadists for the kaiser. The arrival of Syrian refugees unearths the history of a World War I mosque, built for prisoners of war.
(December 30, 2015)
- Bavarians at the gate. The message from the front line: Germany can’t keep taking refugees.
(November 20, 2015)
- ‘German, not Arabic!’ Germany faces a massive strain on its schools with the influx of refugee children.
(September 18, 2015)