A scoop, the dictionary says, is "a story or piece of news discovered and published by one newspaper before all the others." Here are a few examples when I was first:
- A German blueprint for Europe's AI rules. A government document could likely become the blueprint for AI laws the European Union is about to pass.
(Politico 'AI: Decoded,' October 23, 2019)
- US to endorse new OECD principles on artificial intelligence. The group, representing the world’s richest countries, hopes non-binding guidelines will become global standard.
(Politico, May 19, 2019)
- Germany concerned Amazon cloud is vulnerable to US snooping. US legislation means Washington could seek access to sensitive police data that Germany plans to store with Amazon Web Services.
(Politico, April 4, 2019)
- US ramps up pressure on Berlin over Huawei. German politicians weighed allegations targeting Huawei against past evidence of hacking by the United States.
(Politico, December 20, 2018)
- Berlin prepares for Trump’s wrath. Following unofficial meetings with Trump's transition team, German officials are worried the country may be next on the president-elect’s trade hit list.
(Politico, January 19, 2017)